The is the QR Code for Planners Pointers
Welcome to Planner's Pointer's Planners Pointers is a blog and talk cast to help beginning event planners with their event planning. Give them ideas on planning better events, books to read and websites to discover.
Today we are talking about QR Code. QR or Quick Response Code was develop in the 90s for a Japanese car manufacturer as a way of tracking inventory. They discovered uses outside of manufacturing, QR Codes caught hold in first Japan, then Europe and finally the US.
Since you can imbed a website or other information into the code, QR Codes have found their way into the event marketing. There are many ways QR Codes can help the planner. I came up with 7 to start the list.
1. Add the QR Code to the event flyer, billboard or invitation. Have the link go to a short video about the event, conference, trade show. Add a testimonial from an attendee, info about early bird registration and you have a compelling message.
2. Add the QR Code to a postcard or billboard. Have it link back to the event website.
3. Another idea for the postcard or a print invitation is to link to the registration page for almost instant registrations.
4. Along those same lines, add a QR Code with a promo code for a price reduction for people to use when they register. You could even put this one on the website or Facebook page.
5. Add the QR Code to your business card. With a link to the wed site or VCard information.
6. Add a unique code for each attendee name badge and imbed contact information. Vendors can scan badges to collect information and you can scan badges as people enter sessions as a way of keeping track of attendance for CEU's. Also, it could as a deterrent to prevent badge scalping.
7. Add a QR Code to the Exhibitor page to a convention or conference website and link it to an image of the exhibit floor so that vendors can see the layout. Or a short video showing possible booth layouts.
I am sure there are more. A great website that I found for all things QR Code is www.qrstuff.com Notice please I didn't cover how QR Codes work or how to find the correct scanner for your smart phone or Iphone since Qrstuff.com covers all of that information.
Scan this QR Code to get the prize!
Planner's Pointers is produced by me, Mary Pam Kilgore, of Kilgore Business Services, LLC You may reach me through my website www.kilgorebusiness.com You can find my blog at http://plannerspointers.blogspot.com/ You can reach me by phone at 412-260-4178. Follow me on Twitter. Copyright 2010