Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How to add Google Alerts

Welcome to Planner's Pointer's Planners Pointers is a blog and talk cast to help beginning event planners with their event planning. Give them ideas on planning better events, books to read and websites to discover.


This week let's talk about Google Alerts. Yes they have been around for a while, but are you using them is the question?

As defined by the website: Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. Source

Google Alert are easy to set up and most of all free. As my friend Techno Granny says if it's free it's for me, I'll take three! http://technogranny.com/

Yes you have to create a Google account, but you don't have to create a Google email.

From your Google account setting simply click on Alerts. Alerts takes you to a form page that you can complete.

How do you use Google Alerts? Use it to follow what is yourself or your company, your blog posts. For example, if I didn't have Google Alerts I probably wouldn't have known that iPowerGS from Open Forum Express tweeted my last blog posting. Use it to follow a topic that interests you. Sent that press release out, but not sure where it printed, Google alerts will tell you. Just add the events you are planning to your Google Alerts list.

Your brand (you) both personally and professionally maintains your creditability with your clients. Google Alerts is a tool that event and meeting planners can use to keep track of their brand.

Planner's Pointers is written by me, Mary Pam Kilgore, of Kilgore Business Services, LLC You may reach me through my website www.kilgorebusiness.com You can find my blog at http://plannerspointers.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment