Friday, May 28, 2010

Web tip of the week -- Beware of Automatic Renewal

Welcome to Planner's Pointers --

This is the web tip for the week. Beware of the automatic renewal.

This came in very sharp focus for me recently when I got my credit card bill. There it was charged for an automatic renewal of a news service I no longer used. OMG! What to do?

I called my credit card company who stepped me through cancelling the service. While I didn't get all my money back, I was able to get most of it.

Lesson learned: When completing the on-line form for the first purchase make sure you read the fine print and de-select the box that says that the service will be automatically renewed and charged to your bank account or your credit card.

That is the web tip of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment